Thursday, March 11, 2010

Creativity



"Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a heavy burden. Which is why so few people have them. So few people can handle it."
-Hugh Macleod
Creativity can be our only way of having true freedom.  Through exploring creative process, we break the chains of compliance that seems to be heavily weighing in on us daily.  How often do we push ourselves to be creative on a daily basis?  I can think of some examples of when I felt inspired and highly creative, but I had to set time aside for this process.  I have always enjoyed music and there are moments when playing in a band that you have a sense of everything "clicking" when writing a song.  These moments leave you feeling accomplished, satisfied, and proud.  I do not understand how I have not found ways of channeling this creativity into more aspects of life.  Life is a creative project, in addition to a journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment